There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in Apogee, Franklin College’s literary journal. Apogee accepts previously unpublished work in Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Drama, and Visual Art. Free submissions are open to current undergraduate students of Franklin College.
Our staff reviews entries between November and February. Artists will be notified of selection via email prior to printing. Selected pieces will be printed in April.
Please read all of our guidelines carefully before submitting. Apogee will not consider pieces that do not follow all of these guidelines.
· In order to remain unbiased in our process, artist’s identities remain anonymous until after pieces have been selected. Please do not include your name in the work you are submitting.
· We only accept submissions online through Submittable. We do not accept submissions via email or postal mail.
· Multiple submissions are encouraged, but each piece must be submitted separately. For current Franklin College students, this is a total of 10 separate, free submissions. You may submit in multiple categories.
· We gladly accept simultaneous submissions. However, if your work is accepted elsewhere, notify us immediately and withdraw your submission through the Submittable system.
· Please include with all submissions a short artist biography (max 75 words). This biography will be printed in the journal along with selected pieces. **
· All written documents should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .dox) with 12 point, Times New Roman font. Visual submissions should be in .jpg or .png format.
· In order to create a top quality journal, Apogee reserves the right to request changes from artists on any submitted piece.
**For high school contest applicants: Please provide an accurate mailing address in your bio (this will not be published).**