There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Greetings, and thank you for you interest in Apogee, Franklin College’s literary journal.
Apogee accepts previously unpublished works in Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Drama, and Visual Art. Free submissions are open to current undergraduate students of Franklin College.
The journal accepts submissions until October 31st, and our staff begins reviewing entries in November. Submitters will be notified of selections and rejections via email prior to printing in April.
Please read each of our rules and guidelines carefully before submitting. Apogee will be unable to consider pieces that do not follow each rule and guideline.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Please do not include your name in or on the work you are submitting. Submitter’s identities remain anonymous until after pieces have been selected in order to ensure unbiased voting from our staff.
- Please only submit work online through Apogee’s Submittable page. We do not accept submissions via email or postal mail.
- When submitting multiple pieces, please submit each one separately. Current Franklin College students are allowed up to 10 separate, free submissions. You may submit in multiple categories.
- If a piece you have submitted is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately via email and withdraw your submission through the Submittable system.
- Please include with each submission a short biography (75 words maximum). This will be printed in the journal alongside selected pieces. For high school contest applicants only, please also provide an accurate mailing address within your biography. This will not be printed.
- Please submit all written documents in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .dox) with 12 point, Times New Roman font. Also, please submit all visual works in .jpg or .png format.
- Apogee reserves the right to request changes from submitters on any piece they choose to submit. We are committed to producing a high-quality journal.